Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Marriage

My niece is getting married this weekend. She's a beautiful young lady, as all brides are. I shudder to think of all the trouble that she is about to encounter. A person might argue that one encounters trouble married or not and that facing trouble married is better because it is faced by two people rather than one, but I doubt the veracity of that. Her grandparents have had a struggle being married. Her mother has been married 3 times. Her own life up to this point is a struggle in many ways. I wish I knew an answer to the marriage problem. Unfortunately, marriage is not a societal arrangement only. Religion gets involved to the point that monogamy is the only game in town. Well, ABCs special on sex in America claimed that each adult in America has an average of 13 sex partners in his (her) lifetime. All I can say is, "Marriage is long." Good luck niece. Maybe God will give you a better than average American as a husband.

No comments: