Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2005

A prepared house

I had an interesting conversation today with someone who has cancer. He said if he had to live life again, he would still want to have cancer again. It has allowed him to know more about what's important than he would have otherwise known. He didn't elaborate. He's not clear of cancer although most of it has gone away. I will have to talk to him more; we didn't have much time to talk in the first place. But, I can agree with him that when we have to see the Maker through the lens of death there is not much on earth that counts as important. Views of what earth has to offer and views of what the next life has to offer are not even comparable. When dealing from the view of staring death in the face, importance boils down to these words by the Son of Man, "You trust God. Trust me too. In my Father's compound are many individual houses. If it were not true, I would not have told you it is. I am going there to prepare yours for you." As I walk away from the lens of death, then, what is important is filtered through the idea of going to my house prepared by the Son of Man. The pathway home gets a whole lot clearer.

No comments: