Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Savoring the flavor

Among my vices is good ole fried chicken.  I call it a vice because it is not really the best food for me to be eating.  It raises my cholesterol level immediately and adds three pounds to my weight.  Working out removes the effects well enough, but it takes twice the number of exercises or daily walks to accomplish that removal.  So, I don't eat it often, certainly not as often as my taste buds create the craving.

Fortunately, I can spare an extra cholesterol spike or a couple of pounds on the body every once in a while so that deprivation doesn't drive me completely crazy.  And fortunately, in life I have a hint enough of fried chicken experiences to keep me from wasting away with the diet that is required to keep me getting up in the mornings.  Just that hint of beautiful visuals in my mind's eye sets my mouth to watering every time.

No comments: