Search This Blog

Monday, October 06, 2014

The perfect bed


My granddaughter likes to pick rose pedals from one of the three rose bushes in the front of our house.  She has been doing this for about 2 weeks now.  From the beginning she wanted to bring the pedals to the entryway of our house.  And the stack of roses in the picture was only the start.  She continued to add pedals until I couldn't see any concrete below the little bed.  I sure didn't mind since the fragrance is sweet-smelling. What better way to enter the house than to have the handiwork of my granddaughter welcoming me home! 

It brings to mind a certain sentiment that I have expressed before.  Rose pedals are so soft, so fragrant, that to lie down on them would be the zenith of comfort and relaxation and desire.  I don't like all the lyrics that accompany the chorus of Bon Jovi's song, but the words in the chorus and a few others immediately before the chorus do represent the sentiment I have had.  What better way to enter a day or end a day than to have this handiwork welcoming me in each chamber of my heart!


                                         



No comments: