Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Little Phrases

A colleague commented today on ideas that I had expressed to her. I try hard to speak from a factual base not a notional or conjecture base. She lumped all my ideas together and called them "little theories." She very quickly felt the need to repair her remark. " I didn't mean 'little'," she said. I said I understood, but I lied. Her stray utterance captured her true thought. I fully understand the function of a diminuitive in an utterance. At least now I know where I stand with her. I'm that dreamer whose ideas are impractical or worse, I'm that person who likes to think more highly of himself than he really is. Now I know. God forgive me when I act like that. God forgive her if I am not really that way. God forgive us all because we don't know how to interact with each other genuinely.

No comments: