Search This Blog

Monday, January 09, 2006

Perception rules

I wish for _________ (the list is long). What I get is _________ (the list is short). This is what life feels like most of the time. Thinking that is a sure way to depression. What helps one cope with life according to the psychologists goes more like this: What I really need to survive in life is ____________ (the list is short); What I actually have in life is (the list is long). All this shows that it is a matter of perspective when it comes to being content to some degree or another. Sometimes I think that if my behavior in life depends on my perspective, then it ought to be easy to make the necessary adjustments and live life royally. However, perspective doesn't have to be reality; it is simply a frame of mind. If this is true, then a person is bordering on spirituality. And if spirituality depends on frame of mind, then is the Creator real or not? Well, that is the subject of a whole other blog sometime. For the moment I must remember that perception is a guiding light to whatever reality I construct for myself. That's good because then I can have the energy most of the time to live in an optimistically constructed world that rotates on the axis of what I want in order to be happy.

No comments: