Search This Blog

Sunday, December 17, 2006

For those who think they know

Words, words, words. So says a Shakespearean character to indicate that someone just said something meaningless. Words in the wind is another expression. Words, however, do allow us to express the emotions and intentions we have in our minds. So, I don't particularly like the two expressions just mentioned.

Last Friday at work there was a debriefing session with a company that wants to fix our department, so I thought I would play a little mind game (word game) with them. I did this to see if they truly can tell about people making up the department just through having training sessions and debriefing sessions. I don't think they are too terribly good at it. At least, over the last 3 months, I think they are tuned in to the wrong speech markers and behavior tags. They'll be back in February. That means I am left to plot against them again. At least I will have a little planning time. This should be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello David,
Just checking to see if my setting up an account will actually let me respond.
Well, really, to see also if I can figure out how to use this hi-fangled device!!!!!!
Daryl

Dwordman said...

I'm glad to see you are on board. I hope you like blogging. It's a good way for me to let off steam or be that armchair philosopher.