Search This Blog

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Rays for shadows


Watching the darkness of the night fade into the hints of light at dawn is something special to behold. I guess if one lives long enough, it's like that with spirituality. One slowly grows over the course of the years.


The darkness of ignorance gradually dissipates as the light of wisdom grows ever stronger.
And what is revealed by the light is beautiful compared to what is masked by shadows and blackness. Night is the symbol of what hides evil and wrong. Day is the symbol of what is good and right. So, I cheer those who live with the goal of shedding darkness and allowing rays of delightful sunlight to engulf their spiritual journeys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was deep. i like it. so, no argument here. i liked those similes. it makes me sit back and say... hmmm. ok, im still me so im sitting here trying to think of something to debate about but i cant. so ill leave now. nice entry, good job.

Esmeralda said...

I never really saw it that way... I only really think about spirituality and the sky when i lay outside late at night. I always look up at the sky and see the millions and millions of stars and it always gives me these feelings of faith and security because seeing those amazing stars make me KNOW without a doubt that there IS something more to life than the world we live in.

Dwordman said...

This blog was merely a short version of "The Allegory of the Cave" by Plato, written around the 5th century BCE. Lessons from nature illuminate our understanding of our own human existence.