Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Glia for the brain


I heard from a good friend tonight. I've known her 13 years, but 9 years of that time she has lived in proximities not close to me. When she calls, I am always guaranteed a laugh. She is so jovial and upbeat. Life gets so routine and mundane that the occasional voice that lifts the spirit is cherished. I wish her well on this evening, hoping life affects her in the same way that she affects me and others.

I heard from another friend yesterday. He walked into my office and said that he wanted to thank me for the experiences I had given him this year. He is a humble man. He made me feel good about what I had done. I wish him well, too. I hope he rises to every future occasion in his humility.

The day before that a lady I work with made a special effort to let me know that the office had not been the same in my absence of two day. What a way to start a day. I hope she finds many that lift her in the way that she did me.

And the day before that, an investment I have received a good word from an agency that makes it have higher value. I had taken the day off for that. It encouraged my heart tremendously since that investment has such a long way to go to become profitable.

I could write more. But, it's those little mundane things that occur that, taken together, make for a very encouraging week. It's those same little mundane things that could easily be overlooked or not taken notice of. They could be swamped by the "bigger" matters of a day's work. But, truly there are not bigger matters than encouragement for the heart, laughter for the mind. Peace and tranquility are built by positive, pleasant input. I thank the Creator for the hope and peace he gives through the people that surround me.

No comments: