Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Gift Part 1


Life has a way of changing an event in a matter of a second. I have a colleague and friend who was just enjoying her daughter's first year birthday party one moment when suddenly her daughter lost breath and turned blue. Immediately, the whole event changed. 911 was called. The ambulance rushed to the scene. Paramedics performed life sustaining techniques.


The scene could have been a very sad one. A close brush with death could have turned to less than a brush. But, occasionally life gives us a reason to smile, a wrapped gift that gives us huge relief. Such was the occasion this time. The emergency room stabilized my friend's one-year-old daughter and prescribed medicine. All was restored.


I am totally grateful for the life of this beautiful, precious child. I know that life can spiral out of one's control (not that a person ever has control over the events in life), so when a bundle of love is restored to health, I stand utterly grateful in the face of a great gift. To the One Who Breathes the Breath of Life, I say "Thank you!"


No comments: