Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Why not?!

My external world is a dream world.  I could not have designed to live in a better place.  I am located at the end of a very quiet cul de sac.   A walking path passes alongside the house that runs the length of a natural park area, a long meadow with willows lining a creek full of bullrushes.  Not  but 150 yards from my front yard is a pond surrounded by bullrushes, willows and cypress trees, and large boulders at the foot of a ridge.  Just on the other side of the ridge, about another 150 yards is a private air strip, which is the backyard for about 6 people who keep their lawns verdent green around the runway.

As I make my 45 minute trek to work every day, I spend my first 15 minutes passing other green meadows that open among the wooded hillsides.  Nestled among the trees are unbelievable estates of some of the wealthiest people in the state and nation, living lavish lifestyles.  Office areas, hospitals, and golf courses that also appear along the highway are partially hidden in the beautiful forests blanketing the area.

The next 20 minutes I pass through an area that would rival Georgia or Tennessee for highways cut through the thickest forests.  Beautiful varieties of trees line both sides of the highway, and even from bridges and overpasses,  the view is of trees stretching miles in any direction.  Any human development that exists is set behind creeks, parks, and trees, out of view.  No one would believe it's a metropolitan area.

But I live in two worlds.  My other world is inside my heart and soul.  There, the world is missing the charm, warmth, and cheer of one whose presence once brightened every corner of it.  It's as if life decided to treat me to replacement therapy, giving me an external paradise in exchange for robbing me of the meadows of laughter, forests of smiles, streams of a cheerful voice, and bullrushes of vibrance, beauty, and anticipation of the one who once enthralled me and lavished me with happiness.

I wish I could have the paradise of both worlds.  And why not?!  I register my vehement objection with life for its decision.

No comments: