Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Successful

I don't often go to see a movie on opening day, but today I made an exception for Draft Day.  It was good for several reasons.  I had wanted to see draft day strategy.  I wasn't disappointed on that account.  The plot was simple, but had several points of suspense built in.  I wasn't disappointed on that account either.  But, the movie had a subplot that I hadn't heard about and that I really enjoyed.  Kevin Costner's character didn't want to lose the woman he loved.  It was a great parallel subplot to the main plot.  He didn't want to lose in his job, in the competition of football, or in expressing his love for the woman he loved. He succeeded with relish on all three arenas.

I am jealous of Costner's character.  He succeeded in making himself a premier general manager.  He succeeded in having a team that could win the Superbowl.  He succeeded in restoring the relationship he most coveted in life.  Yep, I'm more than jealous.  Succeeding in life is a very sweet feeling, but more than a feeling when speaking of love.   Life is hardly worth it if love is absent.  Costner's character was a lucky man to have someone who believed in him.  She made him successful, and he worked hard to keep her at his side.  His world turned more pleasantly with her.


No comments: