Search This Blog

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Time for a joker

It's quiet right now.  In less than 8 hours it will be raining, and in about 24 hours the wind will be howling through the chimney flue and at the back door.  The weather forecast is pretty accurate these days.  Details are missing, like amounts of rainfall or intensity of barometric pressure, but I know to count on something if rain is forecast at 100% coverage.

I can't really see around the corners on the journey ahead of me, but there is some accuracy in what happens if I chart the future based on  the patterns we know about. In 8 hours when it's raining, I will be working, and in 24 hours the pace of work will pick up, blowing through faster than in the past.

What I enjoy more than knowing the patterns, though, are the wild card factors that don't appear in the patterns.  It's not in the usual cards, it's the wild card.  I love those when they happen.  They're not often; that's why they're not a part of the pattern.  Generally, the changes they bring are pleasant.  It's about time for one of those jokers.

No comments: