Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Leaving for work


I have one of the greatest gifts every spring, summer, and fall.  I didn't really do anything to deserve this gift.  I just get to enjoy it for three seasons of the year.  As I leave for work everyday, my front walk has two rose bushes at the end of it.  They greet me as I walk out the door.  And it's a beautiful, hearty "Good morning" because the bushes are loaded with red roses.





Then I get in my car.  On the corner of the garage is another red rose bush loaded with red petals.  As if "Good morning" were not enough, I get one more kiss to say "Goodbye."






I back out of the driveway, and start to make my way down the street.  I look to my right as I am leaving the shadow of my house behind, and there, on the corner of the house, as if waving to me, are the most outstanding yellow roses covering a tall bush, shouting to me, "Have a good day."



I love my rose bushes.  They start my days with color, fragrance, and eye appeal.  There is no better way to be sent off than with a Good Morning, Goodbye, and Have a Good Day.

They also represent the colorful memories I have of some particularly fragrant days full of my mind's eye appeal. Now if those days were to become a reality... again... there are not enough roses to tell the story of what that would be like!


No comments: