Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

What I have to know

Time changes everything and everybody.  Our genes are linked to time from the time they trigger development at inception in the womb to the last day of decay when the body's in the ground.  It changes us in stages both in body and mind.

My good friend and colleague from 12 years ago has been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for the last 5 years.  He's young, but something about his genes triggered this disease at that time in his life.  It has ravaged him, and he stands as a constant reminder that time does take its toll in one way or another on us all.

My recent bout with a leg joint disease reminds me too that time is going to take its toll.  I'm not immune.  I still bear some of the visible effects of this bout.  

And somehow, I still have to be comfortable in my skin or I go crazy.  Before my body descends any further into the stages of aging, I have to know that I have intellectually taken right paths, or at least good paths, paths that pay dividends physically, mentally, and spiritually, that bleed over into the next generation.  I constantly evaluate that.  So far?- so good.

No comments: