Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2015

A little blurry

The rain had been a nuisance but it was tapering off for the moment.  The windshield still collected a little rain against so I had to use the lowest intermittent rain setting on the wipers to clear it off.  About every 15 seconds the rubber of the wipers made a small squeegee sound as it hugged the windshield, swiping off the rain.

I was thinking, as the rain would collect on the windshield, that it wasn't so hard to see through the rain before it was wiped clean.  But, I couldn't turn the wipers completely off because about every 30 seconds or so the windshield was too blurry to see through.

That's about right.  Not enough to merit the wipers on even the lowest intermittent setting, but too much to turn them off completely.  And how like life that principle is when it comes to irritations, limitations, false starts, and failed plans... the rains of life.  Not enough of them for them to impede completely because you can always see through them, but just enough where you can't ignore them because they cause accidents if your sight gets too blurry.  There should be a proverb to this effect - something like, when rain begins to lighten, always have your wipers on low intermittent so you can avoid the accident that could easily happen as the heavier rains clear.


I absolutely hate the feeling when "smoke clears."  If I could have at least had my wipers on low intermittent, I could have seen the water on the road that made me skid off of it.  Ravishing was my word a few years ago, smoke is A Thousand Horses' word for the one who makes you better than your normal best.

"Accidents happen," people say.  But not if your wipers are at least on low intermittent.

No comments: