Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

All day rain affair

It's been an all day rain affair, a soaker.  It's a soft rain, pepper and salt style.  As always, it brings its refreshing aroma.


There's nothing to spoil it.  I have been sitting in front of a window watching it, and doing a few other things like writing this blog, as it peppers the cars passing by or parked outside this nicely tucked-away Starbucks in a new and beautiful section of town.

I don't frequent this area, but it's nice whenever I have to come to it.  New shops, new buildings, new cars and car dealerships.  The people here are early career to mid-career people, ambitious to have the best of the American Dream, hopeful that they will accomplish their goals and desires.  The two wealthiest areas are many miles to the north of this place, but in 20 years these people might achieve that status.

Rain brings with it hope.  I have felt that since the rain started last night and have thought about it the last two hours looking through the front window of Starbucks.  I like to deal in hope.  Like the rain, it leaves a refreshing aroma.  And, I like dealing with people who bring hope to my life.  They provide  a materialism to the soul like new shops and buildings do for people achieving their dreams.  They make life so worth the living.

No comments: