Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Nothing but expletives

My sister-in-law wanted me to meet a new acquaintance of hers for all her own reasons, but because she thought her friend was similar in her approach to analyzing people's motives.  So I went.

The conversation went well through the greetings part.  We sat down at a table and began to talk.  I thought we would be having a collegial time to talk, but within the first 5 minutes of the conversation, it became clear that my sister-in-law's friend wanted to analyze me.

I have a standard MO for those who desire to do such a thing, so I went into that mode immediately.  I also decided to redirect at the first available opportunity.  When I did so, I did it by trying to identify with her through knowledge of someone of notoriety at her university.  She began to deemphasize the man's importance and to once again try to initiate analyzing me.

I soon excused myself.  My sister-in-law and I haven't spoken in the nearly 3 months from that time for deliberate reasons on my part, but when that dialog happens to spark itself again, I have something I want to offer her before we carry forward our own give and take.

Expletive is the word I'm thinking of starting with.


Nothing but decaying dung.

No comments: