Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Who's in the mirrror?

 I walked into a restaurant last week and looked up at the monitor near the table we were being seated at.  I couldn't hear the TV at all, but the deaf captioning was on, so I could follow what was being said.  The first thing I read was, "I knew the note was from him because there was grammatical mistakes in it."  I laughed out loud and couldn't help but comment on his statement.


I find this a real problem in the world I see everyday.  Not the grammatical error part, but the fact that someone wants to make an observation by criticizing the very thing they themselves are doing - sometimes in the very same way.  I am usually amazed at the blindness of the speaker.  I'm not perfect at doing this either, so I am criticizing myself.  I do, however, try to keep it to a minimum, and I try to rectify matters when I realize I did the very thing I don't like.

This Christmas season, my priority is to be a whole lot more accepting because when I talk about someone else's errors... there's grammatical mistakes in my own.

No comments: