Search This Blog

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Filters

Today I put in a CD that I was listening to for 25th time and kicked back just to listen. I listened to it for about 20 minutes until a song came on that I had heard 24 other times and not been astonished by it. The song caught my attention abruptly from one of the bass sounds in it. I had never heard that before. That's because just before that song came on I had adjusted the bass knob on the player, which I guess I had adjusted to lower bass a few months ago. The rest of the song was just beautiful with all the new bass notes I could hear and I arrived at a new appreciation of the song.

I guess the application to life is obvious. We make our adjustments in life. Sometimes we filter out things that otherwise would be beautiful. I hope that the adjustments in the future will enhance the beauty of life, the goodness of life. No telling how long I have been filtering out beauty and goodness. No telling how much I've been filtering. So, here's to less filtering.

No comments: