Search This Blog

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Simplicity

I remember an incident in the New Testament that gets little press coverage in a church setting. Jesus and the 12 had just finished their experience of transfiguration. When they climbed down from the hill, people were casting out demons in the name of Jesus. This was a major obstacle for the 12. When they asked Jesus if he planned to set them straight, he had the answer that has prompted me in theory to act like his reply over the last30 years. But, in practicality, I have mostly actively incorporated his response over the last 3 years, at the time I needed Jesus' healing touch the most, and since. The response? "If a person is not against me, (s)he is with me." It may not be a good church stance, but it is having the mind of Christ.

No comments: