Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2005

A spirit assault

Tonight at my place of business The Designer of Events designed an event that caused great joy to his people. I especially enjoyed seeing the event unfold because I had been privy to the evolution of the event from the beginning of the event 10 months ago. Also, tonight my mother is recovering from a major surgery. She had to have the surgery in the first place because a doctor had messed up on a minor surgery 2 weeks ago. Also, tonight my wife read to me some words she found about the spirit that triumphs over cancer even if the body succumbs to it. I have great sadness because I hate cancer so much. So, the words were triumphant and sad simultaneously. Also tonight, my daughter continues her defiance of sound advice from her parents (like we are the only parents that has happened too). Also tonight, I ran into a friend who is absolutely on fire for her God. It shows in every statement she makes.

What a night. And that is only one night in the year. In the flash of an eye.

No comments: