Search This Blog

Monday, May 22, 2006

A seeker moment

I had a talk today with another who seeks out the hard questions. He was almost half my age. I am elated that someone his age will carry on the questioning in the next generation. I tried to give him examples of the path ahead if he continues to question things like inspiration of the Bible, origins of the Bible, historicity of certain events, timelines for the Bible, cultural ideas versus doctrinal ideas, etc. I felt for him because I know the rejection he feels and will feel. But I also know that won't throw him off track. It will certainly make him remain honest before God. And I know that it will not lead him to reject God. So, I ask the Maker of him who seeks to lead this young man beside calm waters and to some very green pastures knowing that he will not receive his spiritual food from the religious establishment, but from God and a handful of true friends. And I thank the Maker of satisfactory and encouraging moments for the journey He has made with me and for the handful of true friends given to me on my walk through life.

No comments: