Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Quick check on dissatisfaction


One of my friends is a businessman and very in tune with the financial happenings of the day. Right now he's a little down not because he's doing badly in his business, but because all his financials principles are being crossed by the current administration. I saw him just last night and noticed it has affected his otherwise cheerful attitude.

It happens to me sometimes. I have clothing, shelter, and income, yet I let some outside influence drag on me. I guess I could say that is part of being human. But, what I need to say is learn a lesson from a friend. Be grateful. Whenever I have stopped to see what is good in my life versus what is a challenge or what is outright evil, it is the good that has the longer side of the list.

Inventories of one's life are always revealing. It's probably time for me to take another one. The road below me doesn't feel so straight and narrow.

No comments: