Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Voices that soothe


What's the deal?

My stomach has a gnawing in it. My dissatisfaction has grown so that my mask doesn't hide it anymore. My mind seems to have lost the ability to track the environment accurately. I see things that my affective side says exists and my cognitive side says is an illusion. My energy is scattered. My wishes and my reality are too far apart. My ballasts are not equally pressured.

I need to retreat to become centered again. At this point I usually am able to bury myself in translating New Testament passages. That's many times a centering experience for me. Sometimes it's in immersing myself in a particular interest such as an avocation. Occasionally it's to resubmerge into the scholarly world. But I'm not willing to spend the time for any of these pursuits right now.

If I quiet down, I'm sure to hear a calming voice and receive laser-focused energy. So here's to hearing voices through the soothing strains of music from Casting Crowns and Lincoln Brewster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

~e-mail me which sentence you "carefully" wrote...your words, not mine...:)