Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2009

In the eye of a needle


I wrote a note about intrigue today. The intrigue had come from a book that I had read several years ago. I learned something from that book that has inspired since that time. I learned that in order to survive in a world full of information and disinformation, that stealth is a good mode of operation at times. I learned that there is a time to strike and a time to disappear. It has helped me in my current job. I told my supervisor just last Thursday that we worked in a palace of smoke and mirrors. We spoke of honesty, but that is a commodity that doesn't have much of a place in a smoked filled house of reflections. It's good, then, that I had read The Eye of the Needle. It's about how to debunk intrigue (which happens in a house of smoke and mirrors). That is why it is my second favorite book of all time.

But, I hate leaving a close friend of mine in that environment. Oh, she is plenty stealthy, and she will survive and resist the manipulation people try to use on her, and she'll have a little sordid fun in the meantime. But, I hate it that she has to deal with the people who create such a maze of smoke and mirror operations. She has to live in the eye of the needle, but she is a master at threading it. Love that about her!!!

No comments: