Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Seeing the key


Clarity is an attribute that I admire a lot. I don't see it in people too often. What I see is a lot of opinions based on notions that don't appear to have a base in reality or truth. I see people who don't plan because they can't see the end. They end up plodding along, and they never really catch up from being behind the curve. I see people acting out of fear of what might happen. I see people saying what they believe, but it is rooted in wishful thinking or based on the power of positive thinking.

What I try to do is put myself around people who exhibit clear thinking. They don't always have life figured out, but they have a good grasp of how reality works, or what research says are the odds or the true behaviors of something or some group. They have a direction, yet they are flexible when the occasion calls for that. They know how to work with others, but they don't let others get in the way. If they have notions about something, they recognize its being different from the truth or reality, so they are willing to mold their notions to truth and reality as the two become clear.

I tend to trust those who have clarity. I love being around them. They take you where you are going. It's so much easier to see the key to life with them in the circle with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why aren't you blogging?

Dwordman said...

Thanks for the nudge. I haven't looked at the blog in so long, I didn't see this comment.