Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where the heart is...

There is a saying about the heart that is true 100% of the time.  Where your heart is, there your treasure lies also.  I like this saying for a number of reasons.  But the main reason is that it uses the word treasure.  I like that word a lot because it shows the supreme value a person puts on something or someone.  Having someone of supreme value in your heart is a repetition of double value because matters of the heart also make something supremely special.  A treasure in a heart, then, is a reiteration of how supremely, extremely valuable and special something or someone is.  As the tip of my tongue flattens against the alveolar ridge to form the voiced fricative that marks the sound warming my whole being because of the treasured name that follows, every chamber of my heart resonates.

No comments: