Search This Blog

Thursday, December 26, 2013

I still wish

The year is about to end, and it is at this time that I reflect on the year behind and look at the hopes I have for the next year.  It seems that this year my goals were accomplished at about a 50/50 level, half accomplished, half not.  Disappointed? Not at all.

Life is not a fair playing field.  And, sometimes there are so many factors entering into accomplishment of a goal that it is hard to know which one contributed the most.  And, when a goal hasn't been accomplished, it's not always apparent what happened exactly to cause the goal from being fulfilled.  My number one goal for the 4th straight year was not realized.  I still wish for it to happen.  I am hoping that what will broaden my horizons and make me the happiest man alive will happen this year.  As far as assets go, there was a mixed bag.  50%.  Job related goals and personal health goals were above 50%.

For the hope of next year?  I have two great hopes - one financial, one personal.  We'll see.  I have learned that there are bound to be some twists and turns this next year.  I'm never ready for those.  But for those that I have a hand in, I will work hard to make them come to pass.

So here's to a good year.

Next December I want to write that all my goals have been realized.  There is always hope and faith, and I still am holding out both.

No comments: