Search This Blog

Friday, December 06, 2013

White all around

What a white day!  The Christmas tree is decked in white lights, snowflakes, pearls, and icicles.  The white wooden mantle over the fireplace contains all white candle holders, white pelicans, white roses, white angels, and a white picture frame with a pier leading to the blue sky covered in white clouds.  That's the inside.


On the outside the yard is covered with about 3 inches of snow and ice.  All the hedges, cars, trees, rocks, play equipment, and mailbox have the same blanket of snow and ice.

In my heart, I am loving my little white-headed granddaughter who is loving all the trimmings of Christmas.  And, I'm loving the memory of a face that has the purity of whiteness all around it, remembering the laughter, joy, contentment, and total, melting affection of its flashes in front of my eyes.

No comments: