Search This Blog

Friday, January 03, 2014

Populated planets


The company that is planning to go to Mars in the year 2024 has begun its interview process.  They had about 4000 applicants, and they selected a little over a thousand to interview.  They began by choosing their first two, both of them soldiers in the army.  I can't wait.  I want to see who they choose, and I want to follow the story of the trip to Mars every day the journey continues.  It will be quite the adventure.

I am pretty sure I will miss out on an actual trip.  I was born out of sync with the time of traveling to Mars. But I will continue to dream of the Red Planet and what it offers to Earth's inhabitants.  I would love to see if it has been our once and future inhabited neighbor.  I would love to see the first colony, the growth of its population, the language they will eventually speak, and the appearance they will eventually develop.

Wouldn't it be a sight to see two planets in the solar system with life and societies and all the advancements they will bring to humanity.  I would love to see it.  It's pretty fantastic to imagine and anticipate it.

No comments: