Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A crystal ball view


I would love to gaze into a crystal ball and catch a glimpse of my life 10 years from now.  I hope I would see a great quality of life - traveling to various regions of the U.S., enjoying my progeny, engaging in meaningful and productive projects.  I hope I wouldn't see a pain-wracked body - stuck at home, unable to visit the homes of children and grandchildren, aloof from the society surrounding me.

In ten years, technology will be farther down the road.  Communication should be one of the easiest endeavors on the Earth.  Videos will dominate the type of communication being sent.  Television will be much more interactive than it is now and will only be watched through apps that stream the programming one wants to see.  Transportation for personal needs will be almost fully electric.  Smart houses will represent about 40-50% of the housing market.

Ten years will bring great innovations in medicine as well.  Genetic manipulation will begin creeping into treatments for diseases that originate from gene order.  Diseases that are generated by cellular proliferation will be controlled.  Diabetes and heart disease will begin to disappear because nutrition and complications from lack of nutrition will have an almost 0 balance, meaning that diet and habitual unhealthy intake will offset each other.

And yes, dreams once held will have been realized.  That will be worth experiencing on the way through the ten-year period.  I should be one happy man a decade from now.

No comments: