Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Work away

I whipped around the corner from the main street of the housing addition onto my own street.  It was clear of cars on the curb.  Every car was in its driveway.  The air carried no noise from any of the yards facing the street and no sight of human movement from the lawns, in front or back of the houses.  Late Sunday afternoons don't represent a great hub of activity in the neighborhood.

I was glad, though, for all of the inaction.  I needed to relax after a full day's work.  At least it was a good tired, relief after successful effort.  Good food and favorite drink topped off the beginning to an evening that rejuvenated depleted energy.

I won't say that these days are ones of stepping in high cotton, but but are days of momentary relaxation, pockets of rejuvenation.  I'll take them.



No comments: