Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Charting life


Establishing a baseline is a necessity in charting progress.  Baselines help in  finding averages, deviations, anomalies, and outliers.  All four of these yield useful information.

As I evaluate my life, I find all four of these in the decades I have lived.  I find behavior that is average.  That helps people know how I will act in given situations.  Deviations, anomalies, and outliers are also present.  Usually, I see them as I enter a new phase in my life.  They are outlying points at first, but then those points become the new normal.

But there is one example of a deviation (at about the 4th standard deviation level) that is my one wish in life since it appeared.  I have highlighted it because the time represents such life-filled vitality and enjoyment, watching it, hoping it will slide down the deviation scale into the field of normal.  I have faith!

No comments: