Search This Blog

Saturday, March 07, 2015

People remember

I grew up in a totally religious atmosphere.  Doctrine mattered.  In fact, it mattered so much that I was taught that the particular doctrine given to me was exclusively true.


30 years later, I was raising children.  Doctrine mattered less.  In fact, when my high school son asked one time if what the preacher said was only his interpretation, I answered, "yes" because I had learned that truth doesn't come in a box.


Now a third generation has appeared.  What matters?  Not doctrine.  But what is good, right, and true matters.  Even if those are relative terms, one needs to know what is good, right, and true for their time and their place. 


People remember you for the good things you do, the right things you stand for, and the authentic life you live.  That's what matters.

No comments: