Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

Eschewing the typical

August: Osage County

The film is worth watching.  It is very good at showing about how every family rolls.  The characters are stereotypes of the kind of people one would find in every family.

The clip below I particularly like because it hits home personally.  I have to deal with the same scenario on a recurring basis.  The son shows how loving he truly is.  His mother comes in and spoils it all by castigating him.  The conversation following the incident between the dad and mom, starting at 2:40 is the one I could have any given day.  It's so sad in a way.  But it's also so typical.


I have a daughter I love very much.  She shows how loving she can be regularly.  But, she receives castigation on a regular basis.  It would be good for me to have one of those "fat, Irish ass" moments with the perpetrator.

I totally can identify with the line saying, "I don't understand this meanness."  I react by longing to be around someone who is cheerful and encouraging.   I better understand these two attributes.

No comments: