Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Acknowledgment



I have found more than one place in my life where it is wrapped in symmetry.  I guess that's true of everyone.  But, the symmetry of greatest influence on me comes from the teacher who taught me ancient Greek.  I have kept up the work of translating through the years, mainly because he taught me the value of knowing what was said "from the horse's mouth."  He was also a prolific writer.  He contributed to a magazine that he also served as chief editor for, and his article contributions dealt with translations from Greek.  I don't know that he knew other languages, but I know he had exposure to Latin and ancient Hebrew at least.  He taught with a great deal of patience in the classroom, and he made translation principles very apparent with his explications in his articles.

The symmetry is that the young me learned a language from a man who taught me to love that same language and desire to translate it with certain goals in mind.  Now, years later, an older me still loves the language and translates it regularly with the same desire.  Because of this man contributing articles routinely for people to read, I also have decided to dedicate several websites to several projects dealing with either languages or forensics using the English language.  We traveled down similar paths in different eras, but unmistakably my mentor from youth affected my work as a
seasoned adult.  Thank you J.W. Roberts for your exemplary life in the eyes of a young soul in search of a cause.  I thank you in particular for the translation principles you embraced and passed on,
allowing my work and life to morph and become something enjoyable instead of lumbering down a path of slavery to a miscreant belief system.

No comments: