Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Headphones and memories

Some evenings I sit at my dining room table and just listen to music, typing occasionally on a blog.  There's something really serene about that.  My headphones that bring the music to my ears block out all reality.  I get to recoil into my mind, listen to words and music and let my thoughts ramble down any crook and cranny of my mind they want to go.

That's what I'm getting to do tonight.  I enjoyed the rains storming their way through about an hour ago.  It was a short, fierce rain, but it soothed my soul.  Now comes the aftermath of my choosing - mellowing my mind listening to music and thinking of the most special time in my whole life.  It's been a while.

I'll have to go back to the real world shortly, but I have a few more minutes to spend eternity inside my mind.  I get lost there feeling, smiling, totally absorbed in enjoying the flashes of images like a slide show across my inner projection board.  My, I could stay here all night long.

My last song is playing.  It's appropriately the song Every Mile a Memory by Dierks Bentley, one of my favorite song artists.


Red sundown out across the western sky,
Takes me back to the fire in your eyes,
Texas stars in a purple night,
Not seein' 'em with you baby,
Oh, they never do look right, no.

Every mile a memory...
Every song another scene...

No comments: