Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Good morning vibes


I think it's my stage in life, but I love walking out my door or driving out of my driveway and seeing an array of colors.  Lavenders, whites, and purples say hi to me as I walk out the entryway.  Two different shapes of flowers slightly move in the breeze as I pass by the two pots of sunshine-loving, petunia-looking petals.  I smile when I see them.

Behind them I am greeted by four fully-blooming red rose bushes.  They're about head high so I stop briefly to take in their beauty.  Then, I move out to the driveway and see the beautifully lush grass at this time of year.  It serves as a nice contrast to the purple-red pots and bushes I passed to get this far.

As I open my car door, I glance at the foot of the tree in the middle of the yard.  The flowers there smile back at me with hues of yellow and the designs of white stars in the center of more purple flowers.  The purple leaf and green leaf shrubs are a good background for them and a good harmony of colors to please the eye.

I back out of my driveway, and right before leaving the scene of my yard, I look over at the corner of the house and wave goodbye to the yellow roses and yellow daffodils growing at the bush's foot.  It's quite a send-off day after day, all spring and most of the summer.  I never arrive at work thinking I haven't started my day off right.

No comments: