Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Divergent paths

Sometimes I think about my daughter's life. It has been so-o-o different from the one I lived at her age. I think about her childhood and see that she had a very different personality from mine. I consider her parents and see that they were so different from mine. I think of her brother and see that he was so different from my siblings. So, what should I expect? That she should be made in my image? She shares DNA, but she is still so different.

So, when I consider her future, I should see that it would be very different from the life that I have lived. But I don't. I wanted it to be different from what it is. I just want her to join me in the next life. But I guess the Maker of each person's path home is different. That's why I am left only to pray. I can't really guide her home. Her path is so different that I don't know what is ahead on her path. I merely make a request of her path Creator: Whatever is on her path home, let her see it clearly and act on it timely. Please make it so.

2 comments:

MyFathersSon said...

Tonight I will lift you and your daughter up in prayer.

Father, send your people to light the way for WDS and his daughter. Touch her soul and open her heart and mind to your ways. Bind Satan from her and gaurd her heart. WDS has been a blessing to my family and now I ask you to bless his. Give him peace while he waits. Continue to bless him with words of encouragement, wisdom and experiences to share as he goes down his own path.
Amen

My daughter is growing up so fast and there are days that I don't know what to do. So I, like you, pray.

Dwordman said...

Thank you, myfathersson, for your prayer. The things you asked for, I trust will come to pass. What a blessing for me and my daughter to have been joined in prayer.

May your prayers for your daughter be answered as well.