Search This Blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

Subtlety

I was expecting something different. I wanted to see fire from heaven burning the sacrifice on the altar. I got taking the men to the river to see who wants to lap water like dogs so that they could remain in the army.

I guess it doesn't really matter what the manifestation was. The One who leads in a variety of ways knows which way fits the occasion. I was disappointed. But, He didn't focus on my expectations. He simply came and went in the hearts of each participant without the trumpet's flourish. I was a little vengeful in what I expected and wanted. But subtlety was the fare for the day. I have to trust that the One who leads His children home helped each participant grow from something almost so subtle that I missed it. But, I am not in control.

No comments: