Search This Blog

Thursday, October 05, 2006

In this world

The politics at the office are harsh and growing harsher. Scandals are breaking loose in Washington. Young people are being killed in public schools. A wall will be erected to keep our southern neighbors out if voted so by the congress. Terrorists are daily trying to enter our country to wreak havoc. Once a week I pass a wreck on the way to work. And in nearly every quarter destruction and wickedness seem to gain another inch of territory.

But, I walked in the park tonight in safety. My stomach is full. I can go to work from a house in which I slept comfortably. The moon outside is so full and bright and vibrant like its Maker. The earth is rotating on its axis. My son is in the safekeeping of my Father.

John 17
14I gave them your message, and the world hated them, because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15I do not ask you to take them out of the world, but I do ask you to keep them safe from the Evil One. 16Just as I do not belong to the world, they do not belong to the world. 17Dedicate them to yourself by means of the truth; your word is truth.

No comments: