Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Morning Episode


I passed a young man on some stairs today.  I was going down, he was going up.  He limped and had this look on his downward cast face as if to say, "I know you won't say anything to me because I am crippled, but it would be nice if you would."  I spoke to the young man about the same time that I realized the meaning of his look.  He answered back rather shyly, with a wry smile.

My day was made from that point on.  It was a particularly busy day, and I didn't have too much time to reflect on the morning stairway episode.  But, I am a better person tonight because of a shared moment. I was just as needy as he was.  I received a lift from him when he answered me because he was not expecting the greeting he got.  Many blessings to this young man.  I hope he will realize the treasures he holds.

No comments: