Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Mental frame


Robert Collier 
You can do anything you think you can. This knowledge is literally the gift of the gods, for through it you can solve every human problem. It should make of you an incurable optimist. It is the open door.

I forget from time to time that this philosophy is true.  If I begin to see some closed doors, I just need to let my tongue recite this idea for it truly opens doors.  If I begin to see problems rather than solutions, I need to shake my mind until it reflects on the gift of the gods for the saying creates solutions.  In most matters, thinking you can is the magic wand.  It is representative of what the pharaohs of Egypt used to command when a scribe was writing her or his words: "So let it be written, so let it be done."  I will keep these 8 words in the front of my mind this week because at least once this week, someone or some circumstance will allow me to think I have failed of my own doing.

No comments: