Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Just a moment


One little pocket of time.

Today was stressful. It started with not finding the proper material for someone who needed material, went to accepting recommendations that didn't at all fit what I wanted, and ended with having to inventory a whole order just to find out that someone couldn't find something sent to him. It could have been a blue day.

But, there was just this one pocket of time, small in comparison to the amount of time spent dealing with the stressful items, but very, very large in comparison to the quality it value-added to my day, that changed the dynamic of the whole day. A bubble of thoughtful meaning for a moment took the sting away for the day.

As I left work for the day, I did not remember too much the moments of stress. I fully remembered that very important pocket of time.

No comments: