Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A numbers kind of day


It's nice always to see new angles about things that aren't so noticeable. Many people hate numbers, but numbers can reveal things about certain matters. Today I dealt with percentages a lot. There were high percentages in some areas and low percentages in others. It was one of those mixed bag operations. But, I did get to see some patterns. Some I wouldn't have expected.

I also like to turn numbers into charts and graphs. Then I can see some patterns more readily. One of the patterns I saw revealed some gaps. I had some notions that the gaps existed, but the numbers in the graph made it crystal clear where the gaps were and also helped me see how large the gaps were. I also saw some categories that indicated problem areas. Now I know what to do. Numbers pointed the way to some possible remedies.

I am usually engaged in the study of words. That's more my field of study. But today numbers were singing loudly and clearly to me. It was a numbers kind of day.

No comments: