Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Majestic beauty



Some beauty on the earth is truly breathtaking. I had one of those days today. I started in Glacier National Park and ended in Banff, Canada. Those are just two points on a map, but if you are actually on the ground going from one place to the next, then you get to see some real terrestial beauty.

The kind of beauty I experienced today is inspiring. It left me in wonder. It left me better than I was before I came to it. It kept me going the whole time I experienced it. It told me that there was much more more on this planet than just a small set of worries that I might have. It impressed me with the sheer power and mysticism involved in understanding life. It made me delighted to have been on a trek through the rugged mountains that reach to the sky.

I am soaking all this beauty up now, knowing that I will rely on its memory to spur me on later, to be better than I am, to put a small set of worries in a bigger perspective. I also know that I can compare this beauty to those who already inspire me to be better than I am, that delight me having been on a journey with them. It's a very beautiful journey!

No comments: