Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

By comparison


Recently, I was in a place where the people were homeless and dirt poor. I didn't know any of their stories, but I am sure they were very interesting. The road that brings someone to a certain place in life is always interesting.

I saw a man in a wheelchair on the corner of an intersection, legless, with hand out for one car, cap out for another. I saw another lady sitting in front of a hospital, wild-haired, smoking, just passing the time of day. I had another lady hit me up for "gas money" as I was waiting in line to check out myself in a 7-11. She had come in at the same time with me into the store, waited till I got my Dr. Pepper and Zingers. Then asked for money so she could buy whatever she was checking out.


There were many more people that would have had interesting stories. I guess by comparison, my life is one of a king.

No comments: