Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Beauty... smiles

Not often, but certainly more than in the past, I get to soak in the beauty of surroundings that are either the result of nature's forming hand or of humanity's ostentatious craft.  Today was such a day.  I found myself staring at a 15-story, shaved, marble-like stone edifice with dark glass panes.  It was in the heart of the city and belonged to a sequestered, nestled boulevard 1 block long.  Manicured shrubs, grass, trees, and flowers surrounded the building.  It was complete with valet parking for the hotel of the same height and stone look on the other side of the boulevard from the place where I had business.  After finishing what I had come to do in the miniature sky-skyscraper, I meandered over to the Starbucks that adjoined the hotel to enjoy a drink and a morsel of food.

When I get to sit in grandiose places, my mind takes a journey to its own realms.  Today it was to some of the beautiful events that have happened to me and delightful words that people have said to me in years gone by.  It  seemed like just yesterday those events happened or words were spoken.  I finished my drink and food with my lips bowed in a smile.  I sighed thinking how different a road I travel now than the one that carried the events and words bringing the smile to my face.  At least, though, I have the beauty of delightful memories to bring to the beautiful places I get to sit in now.  At least that.

No comments: