Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stifling heat both inside and out

The temperature set a record today.  The old record was reached in 1939.  The new record exceeded the old  by 3 degrees.  Heat waves literally could be seen rising from the concrete on sidewalks and roads.  I can count on two hands the number of times in my life I have been in a place of 112 or more degrees, the hottest being 118.  The heat is stifling past 110, so today was 2 degrees above stifling.  Sweat appears without any movement.  Add tiny movement and it feels as if one has run a marathon.  I am more than thankful for the taste of refreshing water on days like this. 

Some days my soul hits record high temperatures when it is bereft of the laugh and smile that made it quite an oasis once.  Fortunately, the refreshing taste of a picture satisfies the soul's palate and allows one to move past the empty space creating such stifling heat.  I am more than thankful for such images.

No comments: